A Forum

I would like this to be a forum for political and social thought. I would like to try to keep it civil. That can be difficult as people, myself included, usually feel strongly about these issues. I will try not to be insulting though insult is often in the eye of the beholder.

Maybe no one will ever read this but me, maybe it will just turn out to be my private journal. We'll see.

Friday, October 14, 2016

It is not ok!

  When I was in my late teens I took the bus to college. In those days I wore skirts to school. A man came and sat next to me, he ran his hands up my thigh. I was confused, I didn't know what to do. Eventually I got up and moved as far away as I could.
  I can't even bare to write about what happened in a movie theater when I was 8 or 9.
  Yes, I believe these women and yes, I understand why they didn't say anything. They were embarrassed and feared no one would believe them.
  To men who say this behavior is no big deal, just boys being boys, I tell you it is a big deal and IT IS NOT OK!
  To those women who are willing to shrug it off I ask, have you been so sheltered that it has never happened to you?  If it has and you are willing to ignore it then I think you may need to seek help, you may be in denial.
  To those who say "Clinton did it" I will say, Clinton never bragged about it, Trump has.  Whether either man is guilty has never been determined in a court of law, it is their word against that of the accusers.  What we do know is that on many occasions Trump has admitted to assaulting women and thinks it is ok.
  IT IS NOT OK! 

2 comments:

  1. you are absolutely right Martha. I am still holding my breath. It is a frightening time to think there are still people supporting this man. (I find it hard to 'go high' when mentioning him, in spite of Mrs Obama's beautiful example.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary and I fear that whether he wins or loses we face a constitutional crises. Even a Republican Congress may find it necessary to impeach him and if he loses his supporters will never accept it. Our nation is in crises and I lay the blame at the feet of a cynical Republican elite who have stirred up the anxiety of the white working class.

      Delete